Sunday, July 17, 2011

http://frumptonshire.blogspot.com/2009/06/melons-are-best.html

I love Wise Blood! Hazel Motes is the coolest. I mean. Hm. Hard to put it. He's like my role model of people I don't want to be like?

I mean, he's kind of nuts, but he's sure got soul. It's a beautiful book with roots in the wormy dirt, and a reach to the top of the sky's dimly lit dome. Love it. Love the book; love O'Connor.

Now her other novel is also good (The Violent Bear It Away), and very much worth reading, but for me it is not nearly as good as Wise Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: you are about to leave a comment on blog post that is really only a comment on a completely different blog post by somebody else!

Rather than leave a comment here, consider clicking through to the original post! You can do that by clicking on my post's post title. Then leave a comment there! Imagine what a kick they'll get out of it, after all this time!

You'll be spreading joy and ticklishness.