Saturday, May 15, 2010

http://willowmanor.blogspot.com/2010/04/arrgghh.html

Thank God. Although whoever that dude is, he looks a bit smaller than "Big G." Still, you never want to take a giant monster lightly, and I'm glad to see the authorities dealt with this one. They sure do love those power lines! Can't resist the appeal.

Man, I don't think any of us here on this side of whatever pond have a real appreciation for how much we owe Japan. For the fact that for whatever reason, Godzilla is pretty much a homebody. If that walking disaster took it into its pea-brained radioactive head to leave behind Tokyo and its environs, to travel around a bit more, to see the world, maybe decimate it a bit - what could we do? What could any of us do? We'd be helpless.

The Japanese have been taking hit after hit for the rest of us from this beast, pretty much thanklessly, for more than 50 years now. 50 years.

At some point, that payment is going to come due. Every time I'm driving up the PCH, I fully expect to see - out of the corner of my eye - that shape. Looming up from the waves, sea-water streaming from teeth trailing green, glowing steam. I fully expect to hear...that roar.

What can any of us do in the face of that prospect? I guess, for me...I just pretend it can't happen.

1 comment:

  1. That's so weird. That post has been taken down!

    Well, it was a picture of an inflatable giant monster lizard, in the foreground of one of those big, scaffoldy gigantic high-power cable towers setups. It wasn't as big as all that, you could tell there was some foreshortening going on. If I recall correctly, the dude was kind of deflating?

    Dang. It was a cool pic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: you are about to leave a comment on blog post that is really only a comment on a completely different blog post by somebody else!

Rather than leave a comment here, consider clicking through to the original post! You can do that by clicking on my post's post title. Then leave a comment there! Imagine what a kick they'll get out of it, after all this time!

You'll be spreading joy and ticklishness.